The Forward Look- more than just fins

Doug, I think this is work of the marketing department.  They may have staged
these tests to help their sales.  If the fins had any real practical
usefulness, they would have been used in later years.

Anybody that owns both a "finned" AND an "unfinned" Imperial.  Do you see ANY
difference in cross winds?  The comparison is valid only if both cars have good
front end bushings (bad bushings and excessive front end height can make the
car wonder in crosswinds).

D^2, that does like the finned styling, especially the 1960 model year.