'63 Turbine Car

Hi.  As a ten year old kid growing up in Bartonville, Il in the 60's, I was thrilled when a neighbor down the street showed up with a test model that was identicle to the one pictured on www.museumoftransport.org/roads.htm.  The family had been chosen by Chrysler to use the car in their normal routine for several weeks.  The thing which really stands out in my memory was the constant, unchanging sound of the turbine.  One did not hear a noticable change in RPM sound reguardless of whether it was idling, or accelerating down the road, just as steady whine. They said it could run on anything from perfume to sewer gas.  They weren't allowed to let me ride in it.  But I spent a lot of time admiring it.

Jim
'81 Imp