Re:IML: Inspections vs safety (was Rusted old cars)

Re:IML: Inspections vs safety (was Rusted old cars)

In Washington you get a Highway patrol inspection that basically checks if your
car has a clean registration if it is coming in from out of state. Anything
'72(I think they raised it to that recently) or newer gets smogtested every
other year when you renew tabs. Except the really new stuff. They used to be
more thorough about fitness of your car before you could register it in this
state when bringing it in from another state. But then Highway patrolmen used
to man the inspection stations. Now I thing it's the people that didn't make
the grade for luggage inspectors at the airport.

Dave
67 very Haze Green sedan w/no AC :-(
Covington, Wa.