From: Bob Smith
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 4:38 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: Additions to the inspection thread

Back in the 50s and 60s, if drivers from Pennsylvania drove into Ohio (my hometown was 16 miles from the Ohio state line and many people used to drive there to buy cigarettes and beer), the Ohio State Police would carry a wood block with them.  When they stopped your car, they'd place the block under the brake pedal and if it touched the block when pressed, you car would be towed.  You couldn't even drive it home.  Other than that, they didn't have much of an inspection.

Bob

Do you Yahoo!?