Correct Color for 1953 Imperial Valve Covers?

Correct Color for 1953 Imperial Valve Covers?

Anyone: The correct color for the valve covers on a '53 Imperial is silver
(paint), correct? Gold came later? (Mine is silver, and I have seen silver
on all the others, until...).

The reason I ask...go to ebay, and stack the description "Chrysler Imperial
by "highest price first". That first car, a two tone gray '53, shows a gold
engine.

By the way, this seller has done a super job documenting his car. Photo
after photo.

It also has the two tone color break at the rear quarter panels, near the
wheel cutout. I have never seen one like that. This may not be authentic,
but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

Currell