Skewed values of Imperials

Hi,
My grandparents had a 61 Dodge Seneca and I really have no intention in
owning one.   A study in ugly is not the word for it.  I grew up with a
family that purchased Fords, Dodge and Plymouth products and never had the
urge to own one.  I did not even remember what a 61 New Yorker looked like
and don't remember seeing them when they were new.  The first time I was
shown one of the three that I now own I fell in love.  I purchase cars by
what I like not by what I grew up with.  The market is not this way for most
people though.  Neal is right when he states that most of the collector car
market is ruled by what people remember and not what is more interesting or
collectible.  This makes the mundane cars value go up and the limited
production cars suffer for this when they should be considered for their
beauty and innovation.  I personally don't see this ever changing as I have
been collecting cars for over thirty years and still see the same practices
that have been going on for all these years.  The first thing that I do when
considering a car for sale is look at production figures.  If there were
less than 5000 cars produced that is when I am interested in that car.  I
don't want to show up at a show and have ten other cars like mine there.  My
cars usually draw a croud because they are interesting.  They are still
looked down upon because they are not main streem cars but the few that see
the beauty in them are the people that really matter to me.
Ken