Hypothetical Vs. Actual Values(Was 55 Imperial not sold on Ebay)

Hypothetical Vs. Actual Values(Was 55 Imperial not sold on Ebay)

David;
 That's may be they way you look at things but that's not how it works. Just
because something is somewhat rare doesn't make it valuable, its whether
someone wants it and how badly. Its the law of supply and demand, especially
demand; if there is no increase in demand there is no increase in sale
price. With mid and upper range cars like Buicks, Imperials, Lincolns, and
even most Cadillacs, its like waiting for the bus, you don't like the price
on one car wait awhile and another one will come along. The simple reason is
that most people are not lining up to buy one like the mid fifties Chebbies
(even they aren't as popular as they used to be.)
 Maybe someone didn't bat an eyelash at what you thought your car was worth
but they didn't cut you a check for it either. You can ask anything you want
for something but if the money doesn't change hands your percieved value is
totally hypothetical, regardless of anyone's opinion. I for one couldn't
care less what my car is worth because I like it and don't plan on selling
it, to me it is a diversion not an investment.
 Obviously the same can't be said for the seller of the car on E-bay since
he is posting this car for sale everywhere, and frequently. I think that if
you may check the ad for that $29,000 55' Imperial, from last summer, you
will find that its the same car. As I mentioned before this car has a Quebec
license plate on the front and for that reason alone, let alone the others
cited. it is unlikely to be an original, mint condition, car. I think that
people have every right to be picky about a car priced that high but is so
blatently misrepresented. No one would even be discussing this if the car
was listed as a low number two condition car, which it is, and priced
accordingly.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left side taillight bezel and other trim parts.