one question please

Why is it that almost everyday in this group I hear something about G.M.
Alternators are easy to find in every parts store? I don't know a parts
store in the US that does not have the two mopar ones setting on the shelf.
I am not trying to be rude, but I can not understand the need to put a GM
alternator on a mopar on reasons of reliablity or being easier to find. My
'64 is proud to show her mopar pars under the hood.
       If any of you can not find a mopar alternator at you local parts
house, give me there number and I will call them and asked them to use the
book and not the computer, because it is in the parts department.
Ray
64 Imperial