chrysler1978@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 9:38 PM
To: Imperial Mailing List
Subject: IML: Please Welcome Ronald G. Stephenson

New Subscriber(s): Ronald G. Stephenson
Email Address is: ronald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: hopkinsville,kentucky  42240

Car(s) owned: l982 light blue with dard blue leather interior.  Needs a lot
of w  ork, but well worth the effort.  The other is a l98l, in light tan
metallic with light tan leather.  This is a keeper, 2 owner, just needs to
get a gas tank to become daily driver.

Self-Introduction: My very first Imperial was a l952 two-door hardtop in
dove gray with a gray bedford cord and black leather interior.  Sure wish I
had that one back.  Next Imp was a l957 4-door hardtop in light blue
metallic with a cloth and vinly interior, another beauty, one owner. Loaned
it out for my brother in law's wedding. I have always been a Chrysler nut,
as is my brother, and he had the l98l Imperial that I should have bought
when he was finished with it. Earlier, he had a 58 twodoor hardtop and
before that, the extremely rare l954 two door hardtop that we have not found
the likes of since.  The interior was beautifully finished with lots of
chrome and the rare 4 wheel disc brakes that everyone says you couldn't get.
Have not seen one like it since.  I am also a sucker for the 75 to 79
Cordobas, and currently have 4 of those, including a 79 "300" series.  My
lust object is the l955 milestone car, the two door hardtop!  I would
reluctantly settle for a 56, as some of those got the new 3 speed to
el year.  Of my four sons, only the eldest has the Mopar gene, and he does
like the 'A' bodies of the 67 to 72 vintage, along with 67 to 69 Barracudas,
one of which he races with a 440 Chrysler engine. Locally we are known as
the Chrylser crazies, in that we buy everyone we see that we like and never
sell any.  Hard for mere mortals to understand.  I am also into Jaguars,
bmw's, nissan/datsun 240Z's, porsches(944), but I keep coming back to the
Imperials, and will find a 55 or 56.  So, you see, I am a Chrysler nut for
going on 40 plus years.  They lost me in l98l when the front drive craze
started.  I must admit, I gave them a chance and bought 2 station wagons in
that period.  Very disappointed in both.  The 8l to 83 Imperials brought me
back to the fold.  So there!  Ask me about any year, any engine, any rare
option, anything, and I have likely been there when it comes to Chryslers.
No brag, just an obsession!