Another" exhausting" question

Well I'm getting the message, "Go back original".  I have absolutely no problem with that.  I just need to tell the muffler shop what I want them to do.  I am curious though about pipe size.  Was the original 1 7/8" pipe designed for the Imperial only or did other Chrysler models have it as well?  Was that size part of the overall engineering of the exhaust system or was that simply the largest size that would fit?  In the beginning, I had planned to put the stock system back in when the time arrived.  But as of late, I have heard so many non-Imperial folk offer advice about larger pipe sizes and crossover  pipes that I have become "exhausted".  Ok, I'll quit with the puns but I am really serious abut doing this correctly.  I have spent a considerable sum of money on this car's restoration so the last thing I want to do is louse up the sound of the engine and have this otherwise elegant car sound like it is ready for a few laps around the racetrack!  If it is the best solution to simply go back totally stock (including the pipe diameter) than I shall do just that.  Having said that, does anyone know what I should ask for in the way of resonators and mufflers?  Is Kings and Queens the best place?  I remember all the threads about Kipich so I'll stay away from them.  BTW, my Eldo convt. weighs 700lbs. LESS than the Imperial convt.!

Hope to solve this problem and soon and get the muffler shop underway.

Thanks again everyone!

Greg (wanting a whisper-quiet yet immensely powerful '65 Crown convt.)