Best wishes and Hello all + Imperial Starters/Alternators (LONGish READ

Best wishes and Hello all + Imperial Starters/Alternators (LONGish READ)

First, wishing EVERYONE HERE a,

HAPPY, PROSPEROUS, AND SAFE NEW YEAR

To the old timer's here who haven't read much from me lately, and to all the
new folks here, Hello.

I subscribed to this list back in '90something when Founder Tony was here and
active.
Back then I was Cruiser66, had a repair/restoration shop (Kevron Auto) in
Willowbrook IL, and a nice '67 CC
Since then, I closed Kevron in late 1999, and have been rethinking what I'm
doing + nursing my wife thru her cardiac problems.
I do read most of what is sent here, but time hasn't allowed me to respond to
but a few.
Hopefully, time and life will now allow me to be active here once again.
Last year I bought a building in Newark, IL (an old small town former use as
chevy dealership) and have decided to do what I love to do OLD CARS and OLD
MOTORCYCLES. The setup goes slow, but it goes. I have kept most of my
supplier/vendor/trade contacts so if I can be of any help, please email me in
private.

OK THEN,

In my 35+ years of doing this, I have navigated thru the good, bad, and
should be hung out to dry vendors. My '67 Imperial CC got its alt.and starter
rebuilt thru my last business (KEVRON AUTO), I still use that rebuilder
today, they do quality work at a fair price. They do not deal retail, nor
will you find their units at any; autozone, pep boys, murray's, etc. They
don't play the "beat the competition's price game" (sometimes the are cheaper
but rarely) they rebuild quality only and stand behind what their work. In my
travels I find rebuilders like this are really getting scarce.

That said there is no reason to replace an alternator several times in a few
months EXCEPT either something in the car's electrical system that is frying
'em or the rebuilder is cutting corners to beat prices

I have no problems in; adapting, modifying, improving, etc., but sometimes to
save a buck we spend more in time, and sometime $$$ total. If your converting
to a ...GM or whoever's whatever, you may be doing so for a good reason, but
DON'T do so because you have had it with "3 replacements in a short time."
Find out what the problem is, MAYBE REPLACE you supplier.

Oh, while we're on the ... Mopar, GM, whoever is the BEST/WORST subject;

CRUISERS PHILOSOPHY or COUCH TIME

I am VERY partial to MoPar's and IMPERIALS, and I do/have own a variety on
makes and models, TOLERANCE PLEASE.

There is enough good, bad, and ugly from all car makers over the years, hell,
I own a few just because of they're quirks.

My .02
Ron

PS: please keep me in mind if you spot a '37 or '38 NON AIRFLOW Imperial for
sale, THANKS

Herd at present; If we share any mutual interests in these PLEASE EMAIL ME IN
PRIVATE.
26 Durant
38 Buick
50 Bently