Richer/leaner, was Exhaust system discussion

Richer/leaner, was Exhaust system discussion

HI all; One thing I have not seen mentioned in this discussion is balance. I
refer to the intake side of the engine. The original air cleaner on my
Imperial had one very small opening about the size of a quarter. It has a
single 2 in. exhaust. It seams very restrictive to me. When changes are made
to one part of a system, you should consider the effects on other areas. I
use an open element air cleaner on my car and should have improved the
exhaust system at the same time. Time, weather, and $ prevented doing
everything at once, so I will be putting dual 2.25 pipes and the new 50
series flowmaster mufflers on when I can. I will use a crossover pipe (maybe
an x system) if I can fit it in.
    Just my $.02
    Larry
    67Crown 4DRHT