From: Mark Evans <evansma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, January 04, 2003 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Virgil Exner, Jr. OIC "Interview"....Questions?

How exciting is this going to be for you! I'd be in too much awe to speak.
Glad you're doing the interview.

One thing I'd like to know is his opinion (and his father's) of the
"transistion period" at Chrysler, 1956-1960, when the 61/62 re-design of the
complete line-up was being planned. Was Imperial doomed at that time to
share its platform with lesser Chryslers or did he and his father see a
larger role for Imperial? What was the real story behind the hurried
down-sizing of the line-up? What was his father's opinion of Elwood Engel.
Was there a bit of rivalry there?

--MarkE