Disc brakes and Imperials was Re: IML: IML - DIGEST POSTING

Disc brakes and Imperials was Re: IML: IML - DIGEST POSTING

Ahh, that was a fluke. :)

We were looking to stick a 440 in this truck and found a '67 Imp with a 440
in the junkyard, we got the whole thing and cut off the front part of the
frame to get the correct mounts, then we cut off the nose of the truck and
grafted the Imp frame onto the truckframe.

Dumb as we were threw away the Budd brakes ("hey, what are these dumb-ass
weird brakes..") since we wanted all standard parts. As luck would have it,
we strolled through the junkyard a few months later and found a complete '77
Newport (if I remember right) and snagged the entire brakesystem because it
"looked like it would fit" and was only $60 anyway.

Lo and behold, it bolted right up to the Imperial frame, so we only had to
get a matching mastercylinder and Bob was our uncle. :)

DISCLAIMER: I don't remember for sure that it was a '77 Newport, but I'm
fairly certain. I would recommend someone to verify that before they plunked
down hard cash on that. We were lucky to get the parts that fit right off
the bat.

As for the truck pages, I am slowly trying to type up what we've gone
through with that truck to put on the webpage.

Carl