off topic (pocket watches)

I have a family heirloom pocket watch, which doesn't work.  Inside the
front cover is the number 117967 and inside the rear cover is "cashier
117967".  The make is Waltham.  It looks like gold.

I don't know anything about pocket watches, at least not expensive ones.

If someone could contact me off list, I'd appreciate hearing how I can get
an evaluation of this thing.

Alan Harper
alan__harper@xxxxxxxxx
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM