Please Welcome a New Member Jeff Holland 1967

Please Welcome a New Member Jeff Holland 1967

Hello and welcome to a fellow 67 Convertible owner!

Since you are a fellow 67 owner, can I ask you a favor, please?

I have mounted a study of 1967 Imperial production
statistics, with special emphasis on when the new Automatic Temperature
control was phased in, and the relation to various body types.

If you would be so kind, would you send me your body type and VIN, or at
least the 3
digits immediately after the "K73", so I can tell where in the year it was
built.  I also need to know which type of AC you have (none, standard, or
ATC).  In case you are not sure, the standard AC can be identified by the
presence of both left and right vent control levers above the radio, while
ATC has only the left vent lever, and of course a thermostat dial for
setting the desired temperature.

For a quick overview of what I have learned so far, here is a brief summary,
based on data from 25 of the 70 or so 1967s on the IML:

Ignoring two cars which seem to be rogues, I'm pretty well convinced that
our very early conclusions are right about this. They are:

1.  all convertibles were built early in the year, and thus none have ATC,
2.  that there was a large hiatus in which no Imperials at all were built
from mid year until the last few weeks,
3.  that only those few cars built in the last few weeks have ATC, and
4.  once ATC entered production, no further cars were built with standard
AC.

The two reported rogues are a convertible with ATC seen at a car show in PA
last year, no VIN available, and a very early sedan with ATC in Oregon.
I'd sure like to examine those two cars!

I continue the quest for more data points, both because I know I have heard
from only about 20% of the 1967s on the IML, and more importantly because I
want to see if there are any more exceptions to the pattern.

The two reported exceptions are not well documented, and of course I wonder
if the reporters are mistaken - I don't want to jump to a wrong conclusion.

Dick Benjamin (67 Crown 4 DR, 67 Convertible, 68 Crown 4 DR. (2), 81 Coupe)