Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 11:20 AM
Subject: IML: Emblemagic 60 Imp. Emblems

Caution:  if/when you need 60 Imperial emblems for over the headlights and the plastic disc for the flite sweep decklid, plan WELL AHEAD.  Recently inquired and tried to place and order for emblems for my 60 and for a non-Imperial.  First, could not order via the website. Second, phone call resulted in a recorded message and phone tag.  Read, not an easy process.  Then, found out orders require 50% deposit by check, no credit cards.  Here's the kicker, a NONE MONTH wait for the Imperial emblems and for one of the non-Imp emblems.  Fortunately they had two needed emblems in stock.

The fellow was very pleasant.  Told me to go ahead and make the order. I did it by mail.  He did not press me for the 50% payment though I plan to follow up that my order has gone through w/o upfront money.  I think laying out $250 plus dollars nine months ahead is a bit much even with interest rates at about zero these days.  Couldn't budge him from the nine months lead time.

I can only assume they are backed up with other orders, though this seems unlikely to me thinking the economic downturn would slow down orders for expensive repro emblems???

Sooooo-plan ahead.  Henry Hopkins, 61/60/57