Trans mount tip/was 1973 and me this last weekend

Trans mount tip/was 1973 and me this last weekend

Here's  a reposting of my Fuselage trans mount replacement tip:

   I recently discovered my transmission mount on my 72 Lebaron was torn to
shreds, the vibration in the driveline was a dead giveaway,  Having already
used a polyurethane insert on one of my "lesser" Chrysler products, I
decided to give this a try on my Lebaron,since the mount on my Imp looks
exactly like the one in my Charger, I figured there was a good chance it
would fit, I was right, it fit like it was made for it, vibration is GONE!
It's an easy fix, and cheap at $14.95  here's the link:
http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/tranmoun1.html

 It's part number  ENE5-1101G  listed for 71 and up a,b,e bodies, but it
does fit the IMPERIALS !
 You have to re-use the metal shell of your original mount and press in the
two halves of the new one,then slide the steel tube through both
halves,despite what the instructions say, the best way to remove the old
rubber is to set it on fire with a propane torch and toss it out in the
driveway, it will burn for almost an hour, when it goes out, a little wire
brushing is all that is needed to clean it up ( I used a small wire brush in
my die grinder)then both halves and the tube press in by hand-really a slick
little item. I hope this helps someone else who has this problem and if this
info has already been posted this to the IML, please
 ignore this post.

 Chris,

 72 Lebaron, now minus the annoying vibration