1960 w/ "Leftover" '59 MirrorMatic (?)

Hi All:

In corresponding with a couple of IML members about
the 1960 MirrorMatic now listed on eBay, I've stumbled
on yet another odd thing about my 1960 Le Baron.

It is equipped with a MirrorMatic unit that is
overhead mounted from the windshield surround...,
which is where it should be for 1960.  However, rather
than the 'official' 1960 version, with the rotating
wheel control-dial on the bottom left (pictured now on
eBay), the device on my car has the 1959 face-plate
and horizontal lever w/ translucent knob.  The thing
is, the 1959 unit which was designed to be dash-
mounted - but mine looks to be un-modified!

The unit is a perfect fit, and judging by oxydation,
etc, it looks to be original.  It has a 1960-style
'stalk' (I remember it well from the Coupe I had...),
but it has a thin groove cut out for the wire to press
into as it snakes up the stalk to feed through a small
hole in the trim plate...  there also is a small,
original-looking, fitted 'clasp' which holds it in
place.

The unit gives no indication of being 'tortured',
modified and/or bent to fit top-mounted...  Photos of
the car before it's partial refurbishment by the
previous owner, show the unit was already there, and
before that, the car had been neglected, and the whole
of the interior was completely original.

Built relatively early in the production run (#2,091),
I'm wondering if it was an 'interim' use of 'leftover'
MirrorMatics...?  Do any other 1960 owners have top-
mounted, 'leftover' 1959 MirrorMatics (or other items)
on their '60 cars...?  I'd be very interested to
know...

Warm Winter Regards,
Jim Byers
Washington, DC