Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 10:25 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list mailing-list
Subject: IML: Please Welcome a new Member Martin Ouellet (1973)

New Subscriber(s): Martin Ouellet
Email Address is: martwell19@xxxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: St-Lin-Laurentides, Québec, Canada

Car(s) owned: 1973 Impérial LeBaron 2 door ht 67 000 m. Orignally charcoal
w/ white vinyl top now diamond white w/ white vinyl top. Optionnal black
leather intérior with both power seats. cruise, door lock, tilt télescopic
steering, elect trunk and antenna. I got one spécial option it s the "sure
brake system " who is the first kind of abs brakes. I install a good sound
system with a 12 cd shuttle without removing the original one and it s all
hidden. The engine is running like a brand new one and is dooing 18mpg, so
we love going to car show with it specially to see my good friend Lou Renzo
in Clifton NJ.

Self-Introduction: I saw my fisrt Imperials in 1990, my friend show me the
Imperial of is deceased cousin (a 1972 4 door ht) and felt in love with the
huge boat at first sight. While my friend was trying to buy his cousin car,
i went on a Imperial chase to find one for me. The fisrt that i bought was a
1973 LeBaron 2 doors ht metallic brown, white vinyl top and small ovals
windows on roof pillar. I got a lot of fun, highways racing against a turbo
stealth was my first thrill. You sould have see the faces of the three guys
in the stealth, all droped jaw when they saw the boat at 120 mph!!!!and
still pulling away...The only bad thing, it was very rusty and need a huge
body job to restore it, but i could`nt afford a other one so i tryed to
restore it but got discouraged and stopped the resto. Three year later a
spotted a turn key white on white black int at 360 miles from home. I got
the money , got there and fall in love again with the beauty that i still
own. When i poped the hood i saw the really rare option the "sure brake
system"
 that still worked fine. This huge car is always getting a lot of attention
from everyone that see it. 2003 is my 10th anniversary of the purchase and
didn t want to sell it for all the gold on earth. I got a lot of memory, 4
nice wedding and good times in that car that never let me down. A part of my
heart is also inside that piece of art.....