Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 10:10 PM
Subject: IML: 67 imp wheels

Hi, group, went down to the Les schwab tire store today looked thru their wheel application book, looking for other cars that use the 5 on 5 15 inch wheel bolt pattern that the 67 imps use, turns out to be not uncommon, surprisingly. used on 61-69 Lincoln, 48 to79 certain model Buick's(larger models), 71-79 Chevy caprice, station wagon, impala and various gm models 91-95, Chevy 1/2 ton trucks, 1/2  ton suburbans from the 70's and 80's, some Pontiac and mercury models in the 60's. And 66 to 78 olds tornado. the part number for the wheel for the above applications is 5515R, I believe the R means rear wheel drive. The tornado was the only 5 on 5 application in the book that did not list this or any other part number. probably because it is front wheel drive.(btw, did not see the older imperials listed) had them test fit a new 5515R on my 67 lebaron, it fit fine, but when rotated it rubbed on the corner of the brake caliper at the end of a large re-inforcing rib that could probably be ground off a bit and it would be just fine. the quoted price for a brand new steel wheel in this size is 21.00 dollars. The gentleman at the store said the tornado wheel would probably work with no modification because it's  a 5 on 5 designed for a front wheel drive (probably have more room for the caliper) The catalog did not list a part number for the toronado applicatin, most likely because toronados are as about as common as imperials. Obviously this opens the door for putting mag wheels on an Imperial.

Happy Imperial motoring,  Mike Becker