Imperial and cross-rams

--- dardal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In order to get a proper conversion to the 375 hp
> 413, in addition to the cross
> rams, you would need to also replace the cam.....
> Would a  dealer undertake such modifications?

Probably not.  But then again, would the average
Imperial customer in 1961 have KNOWN this?  In
reality, if an Imperial customer had requested that
the dealer add the cross ram manifolds, that customer
would most likely have been satisfied by the
impressive appearance under the hood.

And really, in a car the size and weight of an
Imperial, what would be the practical difference?  And
how many Imperial owners in 1961 would be trotting
their new beauty down to the track with a stopwatch?
More likely these "sporting" men would be opening the
hood at the country club to show off those big red
manifolds.

Elijah