Imperial and cross-rams

The site says that the cam was "phased" 4 degrees retarded, and it also says
that without the correct timing gear setup, you lose 10% in torque.  Makes
sense, the factory worked hard to find these optimum settings.  The short ram
(with peak torque at 3600 rpm) probably had a larger duration and overlap cam.
So, any cam for a big block designed to give peak torque in the same speed
range, will probably work well.

D^2