Little Red Lights

This isn't as trivial an issue as it may seem because all wiring issues in
old cars are serious given the potential for a fire.

My 82's "volt" light glows whenever there is a draw on the system without
the engine running; open the door, the light comes on and stays on until the
light timer clicks off.

I should check the system voltage under this condition and study the wiring
diagram before posting but I'm hoping someone knows a lot more about this
than I. It's doubtful this is a normal condition.

Phil Brust
73 & 82 Imperial