1949 Dodge Dash Removal

This question is slightly off-topic, as it pertains to a 1949 Dodge.

But I need some help from my fellow Imperial people, since so many of you
know so much about MoPars in general, and I believe that a few of you even
worked on the old assembly lines!

My question is whether it is possible to remove the dashboard on a 1949
Dodge.  I mean the body of the dash - the big metal, woodgrained,
corner-to-corner, main component.  I'm not talking about the instrument
binnacle.

Reason:  I have a '49 parts car with an absolutely gorgeous dash.  It is in
better shape than the dash in my own '49.  But I seem to recall that this
piece was welded in and the woodgraining applied after the dash was
installed in the body shell.  Can this piece be removed, even if doing so
requires significant disassembly?

Thanks in advance,

John