1967 with 1968 side markers

Chris, to my knowledge, that is correct.  All '68 Dodges & Plymouths used the
round side marker lights (which have a slang name for them, but I can't remember
it right now), while the Chryslers & Imperials used the square ones-- except for
the 300.  I don't know why, but I guess it was to distinguish the "prestige
line"
from the lower cost makes.

I'm guessing the 300 used a round light because it fit in more with the round
lights in the taillight assembly.

And by the way, let's all stop and thank the big ol' Mean Nasty Stupid Fed'ral
Guv'mint for them thar side marker lights!  (I think '68 was the first year they
were mandated.)  They have greatly cut down on side collisions at night.

The other night I had an experience that reminded me of their value in a very
powerful way.  I was travelling south on a major highway and there was a truck
on
the right, on a side road, waiting to cross.  Apparently, he was in the middle
of
painting his truck, because he had removed all his side marker lights and the
truck was painted primer grey-- making him virtually invisible at this time of
night.  He started to pull out right in front of me, then saw me and stopped.  I
did not see him at all until he moved, and at the speed I was going (75+) I
would
not have been able to stop.

After cussing him out in my mirror I was glad I recently got all the side marker
lights in all my Imperials working again.

I imagine the move to reflectors was done for cost reasons (?), but I liked the
bullet-shaped lights myself.

Mark