chrysler airflow 6 cylinder

I looked up the Encyclopedia ofAmerican Cars authors are the automotive
editors of Consumers Guide, 1996 wanting to be of help. I can't comment with
complete confidence as it is not as specific as I woud like.  Nowhere do
they list a six in 1936 though several models list an eight and I have
assume that those models listed below it also have an eight.  The Aiorflow
began in 1934 and it looks like they all had eights that year.  Non-airlfow
CA Six and CB Custom Six of course had sixes.  Two models of Airstreams in
1935 had sixes but again all airflows had eights. The airflow era ended in
1937, only one model listed.
Of interest: A '34 Imperial Airflow set 72 national speed records.  As a
publicity stunt one was hurled off a 110 foot cliff, landed on its feet like
a cat-I mean tires and driven away.  All DeSotos that year with airflow
styling did have 6-cylindr engines.  Apparently the airflow styling
ultimately hurt them financially such to "discourage Chrysler from fielding
anything so adventurous for a very long time.  Not until 1955 would the firm
again reach for industry design leadership." As I read on there were some
6's and some 8's in the Airstream style.  Heres a great one: "Most 1937
Chryslers and all 38's had transitional styling of the period "potatoe
school", carrying barrel grills, rounded fenders, and pod-type headlamps."
A paragraph mentions the 6's and 8's, and: "But sixes still anchored the
line, as they would through 1954.  Feel free to contact me off list if I can
be of help with above book.  Maybe someone else can fill in the gaps.
Jerry53