Separate dealerships vs. Separate marque

Separate dealerships vs. Separate marque

I have to throw in my two cents here on the Hugh's point that you won't
find Caddies where Chevies are sold.  You may very well, especially with
GM products.  You may not find this so much in larger metropolitan
areas, but once you get outside the cites, you will most defiantly find
GM grouped together in odd combinations.  When I lived in Vale, CO back
in the early '80's I had a '70 Olds 442 Convertible, and I still had it
in my teenage mind that only a dealership should work on my car.  I had
to drive about 75 miles to the nearest town (I don't remember the name
of it) that had a Oldsmobile dealership.  It was a Chevrolet,
Oldsmobile, Cadillac dealership, and as my car was in the shop I would
check out the new '81 models coming out.  I remember seeing a '81
Camero, a '81 Sedan Deville (with the now famous V-8-6-4), and a new
Cutlass.  I am not suggesting that this was in any way like what
Chrysler did with the Imperial, but GM did, and still does have many a
dealership with some funny mixes.  Most of the time you would find
Imperial at Chrysler/Plymouth dealers, but I have heard that could be
mixed with Dodge, and Desoto as well.  I was not old enough to see that,
but do remember the Chrysler/Plymouth/Imperial signs when I was a kid.
I agree about Ford since I can't recall ever seeing Ford/Mercury/Lincoln
all together though.

Bill Ulman
'66 Imperial Crown Conv.
Seattle, WA