Where is the oil coming from?

--- johan C wildhagen <johancwildhagen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> but it does drop occasionally from where the
> transmission joins the engine.
>
> Besides the cover gaskets, the filter and pump,
> where else should I look to find it?

There's a good chance that you may find a bad rear
main seal.  If this is the case, you'll probably want
to go ahead and detach the other arm and leg.

But before you do, carefully check the rear part of
the intake manifold seal, as well as the oil sending
unit.  Both of these could dribble oil down the engine
to drip in the location you describe.

Good luck.

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron