A musing

Hugh wrote
"  I was talking with him last year when
 his nephew and I were trying to improve the brakes on the 58.  He did not
 have anything good to say about the Mopar flagship."

 This is the mindset that I run into more often than not when talking with
Mopar people.  Surprisingly more so with the older (read 60+) Mopar lovers.
When I match their wistful story of a long gone Fury, New Yorker, or
whatever  with a story about my Imperial the response is usually " Oh yea I
remember those ". Then the subject is either switched back to their Fury or
Coronet  or I am treated to an Imperial horror story.
I had one Mopar lover tell me flat out that a 67 Imperial that he had  owned
was his worst car ever!  (before he knew that I had a 67 Coupe. then he was
plenty embarrassed).
 Strange behavior from Chrysler lovers , but it seems more the rule than the
exception in my experience.
                                   Clay Smith 67 Crown Coupe
                                                    60 Custom