alternater

Sounds like something is stuck on and overloading the circuit until the circuit
breaker trips and then the situation repeats when the breaker resets.  Some
things to check would be windows, seat, and headlights.  On my '59 one window
switch sticks in the down position so even though it looks like it is off it
continues to energize the motor.

You need to find this problem before the device in question cooks itself from
the overload.

                     Steve B.

My question deals with my 1969 Imperial. We finally had a decent afternoon here in the Pittsburgh area (40 degrees), so I took my Imp for a little ride. Everything seemed fine for the first couple of miles and then I heard a clicking sound. It sounds like it is coming from under the dash in the left corner. I also noticed the alternater gauge going to discharge every time the clicking would start. Any idea what I should look for?          Thanks,  Bob

Do you Yahoo!?