'66 back-up lights and sentinel lighting

'66 back-up lights and sentinel lighting

My thanks to all who replied to my questions about the search tune radio for
'66.  It appears that the AM/FM was available with search tune.
Now my next problem for the experts (I've considered myself an Imp expert
but you guys are amazing).  Recently I began restoration on my '66
convertible.  There's no back up lights in the rear bumber!?  Any ideas?
Also, my original question about the sentinel lighting was never answered:
The owner's manual says that the "automatic headlight beam changer" is
optional; fine, but mentions nothing anout the automatic "safeguard
sentinel" option.  The '66 service manual does not list anything on the beam
changer, but DOES list the "safeguard sentinel lighting system" (page 1-24),
and even has a picture, this is the automatic-on feature. What's the story?
I always thought the '66 was available with the beam changer option only,
not the safeguard sentinel??
Thanks to all!
Tom