66 gas door paint

I confess I have gilded the lily on my 66 Convertible
and painted the gas door body color.  That was how it
was done on Lebarons, and I really liked the detail.
Especially with the gold backing plate around the
eagle also used on LeBarons.

But my Sequoia Green convertible is almost black
anyway, so it is unnoticeable to anyone but me.

If I were painting it the original black I would do it
in gloss.  I suspect that is how it was originally,
although almost every one I have seen has dulled to a
satin finish over the years.

Chris H.

60 NY T&C
66 Crown Convertible