Wipers and Wheel Covers

Hi,

Just a quick note.  Don't be lazy like my
friend at work who didn't bother to scrape
the ice and snow off of his windshield
before turning on his wipers the other day.

He heard a loud snap, and ended up with
a $200.00 + bill to replace the connecting
arm on his 'Brand T' car.

Imperial content:  Last week or so
there was someone asking if the center
cap from an 80s Imp wire wheel cover
would fit on a New Yorker/LeBaron
wire wheel cover.

I think the answer was yes, but MY question
is, why are the Imperial wire spokes made
from chrome plated plastic, and the New
Yorker style spokes are made of what looks like
stainless steel?

Are they basically the same cover, and DO the
caps actually fit?

Additionally:  I had to replace a few of the
plastic spokes on mine, and some of the replacements
I found are not EXACTLY the same.  At the
bottom of the "V" part of the spokes, is a flat
piece, and on mine, the opposite side of this piece is flat.
The replacement spokes had a 1/8 nub sticking
out.  I had to remove it to make them fit.

Anyone else come across this?  Any comments?
Will it ever stop snowing in 2003?

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY  USA

imp1983@xxxxxxxx