Are my 66 brakes odd?

I have just re-fettled my 66's brakes and have found that the rear linings
have an elongated "nail Retaining hole" from the backing plate whereas the
fronts don't! this is not wear as I have obtained both types of lining. my
car is low mileage and I would not expect any major parts changes . Has
anybody else come across this situation? or does anybody know what model
uses the shoes with the elongated holes.

                              David Munson (England)

http://messenger.msn.co.uk