bleeding brakes (by vacuum)

That garden sprayer (pressure) idea is ingenious and probably cheaper than
mine.

I used a mity-vac vacuum hand pump.  It's a relatively cheap grey plastic
hand-squeeze tool with a vacuum gauge on it.  It looks like a really
distorted squirt gun from one angle.   I bought 15 feet of clear 1/4"
diameter "surgical" hose at the hardware store.

I looped the hose over a rafter (you can do it over the car's roof with
something heavy set up there holding it up) and connected the hose to a
bleeder screw at the farthest wheel from the MC and drew a vacuum.  I then
opened the bleeder screw, having topped off the MC to the brim beforehand.
 The vacuum pump is at the other end of the hose, and should be at hand
level if you cut the hose to the appropriate length, but that isn't
crucial.

When the bleeder screw opens, the vacuum sucks fluid from the MC through
the line into the clear hose.  When you are no longer seeing bubbles
coming out and it's just solid fluid being pulled out, you're done.
I did this on a dry, new system and it worked great to pull entirely new
fluid the whole way with me topping off the MC occasionally.

Repeat with each line from longest (farthest from MC) to shortest and you
should have 100% fluid and 0% air.  The bonus on this one is that if you
pinch off the end of the hose at the bleeder as you remove it, you can
retain the fluid in the clear hose and dump it back into the bottle or
dispose of it if it's not new and clean.   No drippy mess this way.

When the vacuum pressure diminishes and everything settles down, the open
valve can't leak and let air back in, as it has the fluid that came out of
it in the hose still still connected to it, and the bleeder screw is
closed before the hose is removed.  I mormally bleed things once more a
month after changing fluid just to make sure, but usually don't find that
anything changes, hence my faith in the method.

This is the exact opposite mechanical principal from Kerry's pressure
system, but works the same.  I liked being able to see the solid fluid
climb the hose to the doorsill from the wheel just to be certain, but
that's just me.  No bubbles are the main indicator.

-Kenyon