Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 3:22 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 1990: Question #2

You've got a leak alright.

Sounds like the air compressor works great. When the
car is off, it won't waste energy to keep the front
inflated. When the car is turned on, it notices it's
not inflated and kicks in. To see if this is the case,
see if you can listen to the air compressor kick
on/off when you turn on the car. If the leak is in the
airlines, the compressor should be on for most of the
time.

If the unit only seems to have to pump up the front
for a little bit after being turned on, then something
else could be up. The shocks might be bad?

'course if you wanted, you could just remove the air
suspension and ABS in place of the cheaper and more
stable Dynasty suspension (non-air ride, traditional
spring and shock setup) with a New Yorker or 5th Ave
all disc brakes (non-ABS). If I remeber right, the all
disc brake setup stops faster then the ABS system, but
I don't know for sure on that one. I know a few people
on the 3.3 list, and possible a few here have swaped
out their air ride for the traditional Dynasty setup,
and I'm sure someone would be willing or able to talk
you through it. You could also check the archives, as
it may have been covered in detail before.