whitewall tires - Coker

--- Allen H Sounhein <allensounhein@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a 56 Crown imperial that I am restoring any thoughts on getting
> tires from Coker?
>
> Allen and Sally Sounhein

----

I got 5 BF Goodrich Silvertown tires for my 1960 from them.
Service was good and delivery time acceptable.
I paid top dollar, but am very happy with what I got (knew what I wanted
beforehand).

Coker sells a warranty on their tires for extra $$.

I'd read the fine print carefully and consider whether it is worth if to
you or not.  I regret having bought it for my 5 tires due to having not
needed it.  I seem to remember that it was almost 20% of the whole bill,
or another tire's cost.

I didn't try to place a claim or anything, so this isn't commentary on
whether they deliver or not on their insurance contract.

It seems to me that most tire failures are not manufacturer-related, but
road-hazard or (under)inflation issues, plus Coker is mail-order and not
affiliated with local service places.

-Kenyon

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious

San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area