newly discovered 69

The 69 is a fine ride.  First of the fuselage Imperials, it was really
well done and had lots of nice touches.  It sold very well.

Briefly...

Positives:
1) shark gill corning lamps -- only year
2) sequential rear turn signals -- only Mopar ever
3) intricate wheelcovers with color matching to body color or vinyl top
4) intricate 1000 piece (my exaggeration) aluminum strip grill and
headlamp doors
5) high compression 440
6) wheel skirts for that long, low look (dropped for 1970)
7) very nicely appointed interior with cool full-width dash
8) tons of options available

Negatives:
1) Budd disc brakes
2) Budd disc brakes
3) Did I mention the Budd disc brakes?
4) Holley 4160 carburetor
5) autotemp A/C system rarely works well (carried over to 1970)
6) over 19' long and 7' wide; not fun to maneuver in modern traffic when
Nissans and Hondas are constantly darting in front of you and then
hitting the brakes.
7) The people that usually comment on your car will want to A)derby it,
B)yank the 440 for a B or E body project, C) both of the above

Pete in PA