"Black Plate"

California licence plates of the 1960's were black with yellow digits.

Presence of the original plates is a catchphrase that is intended to
indicate that the car is very original and has not had title changes that
would have led to newer blue or white licence plates.  This is not always
the case, but it's generally a good thing.  Not sure that I'd pay extra
for it, though....

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember that black plates started up in
1963 and went into the seventies.  White plates came out in the 1980's.

-Kenyon

--- jdmoran2@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Good Morning!
>
> Could someone explain this term, ie. meaning etc. for me?. I guess it
> dates me that I'm not familiar
> with it.
>
> Thanks much!!
>
> John Moran

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious

San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area