Imperial Cassette Deck; was Re: IML: Black plate

Imperial Cassette Deck; was Re: IML: Black plate

I "goofed" and sent the original message under the
wrong subject heading, so I'm sending it again.  :)

--- Daniel M Wing <imp1983@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know when was
> the first year that Chrysler had
> factory cassette players?  What
> year were they first offered in
> an Imperial?

The cassette player was offered as an option for the
1971 model year.  See it in the '71 dealer album at
http://members.imperialclub.com/elijah/imperial/dealer/Fea13.jpg.

The cassette deck had a couple of interesting features
-- you could RECORD from the radio, or you could also
use the microphone that accompanied the unit to record
important notes to yourself on the way to the office
(presumably to be transcribed later by one of your
secretaries).

You could also get an 8-track player, but you could
not get BOTH 8-track and cassette.

Elijah

=====
-- "My samoyed is smarter than your honor student."