To: IML
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2003 12:53 PM
Subject: IML: Front end 'THUNK"

My 64 has developed a thunk.  It is in the drivers side front end.  I hear it and can feel it in the steering wheel.  Most noticable when starting forward after a reverse or sometimes just starting forward after coming to a stop.  Not a loud thunk but a thunk and a small shimmy in the wheel.  Obviously something loose or worn.  Don't see anything obviously bad.  I replaced the upper control arm bushings on this car as documented on the site a few months back and inspected everything pretty well.

Anyone familiar with this symptom and possible cure before I have to get into it the hard way?

KerryP
Patch panels fabricated
Pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx
dte.net/57imperial
Imperials -- 50 Limo, 57 roadster, 61's, 64, 68 Convert, 73, a 66 300 and a bunch of lesser marques