55 Imperial

After scanning replies to my problem getting the new shoes to fit inside the front drums on my 55 I could find no instance of anyone else having this problem. I can only assume my new shoes were too thick in the backing material, and only after sanding them down would they fit. The anchor cams were adjusted to every possible position in an attempt to get them to fit with no success. Which leads me to another question-what SHOULD be the thickness of the material on a new shoe?? The shop manual does not include this information. If I had possessed this I would have known from the start the shoes were not correctly lined, despite what the seller claimed. Is there a source for this, other than the re-liner's specs??

   cebuisle@xxxxxxx                                                                                                      TED