Metal gauge

Kerry my neighbor had the following to offer.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henry Phelps [mailto:hypel@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 2:23 PM
To: Matt Hopkins
Subject: Re: Metal guage

http://www.auto-ware.com/techref/guage.htm    You can find your numbers at this address.  I don't know about imperials body metal. The paint  is about .007-.008 thick.            Henry.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 9:26 AM
Subject: FW: Metal guage

any thoughts on this topic?
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 8:38 AM
To: IML
Subject: IML: Metal guage

Does anyone have any literature that talks about the actual guage of metal used on the bodies of Imperials?  I tried to measure the thickness but cannot tell if it is 20Ga or 19Ga.  Pretty sure it is NOT 18 Ga.

KerryP
Patch panels fabricated
Pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx
dte.net/57imperial
Imperials -- 50 Limo, 57 roadster, 61's, 64, 68 Convert, 73, a 66 300 and a bunch of lesser marques