Exploding batteries!!

I keep seeing this "blowing up battery" thing on the
club page.  I case you don't know a wet or acid bath
battery is a miniature hydrogen bomb just waiting to
go off.  The battery by nature will discharge hydrogen
gas in the state of charge or discharge. This means it
can and will explode at anytime.  There are three
major causes of this explosion.  Smoking, open flame,
sparks from jumping with jumper cables or spark from
loose or dirty cable connection.  I used to work on 24
volt systems in the winter.  This was for oil field in
vary cold weather.  If cable ends were dirty or loose
you will see batteries blow up when you hit the
starter button.  It works the same with your auto
battery.  I don't know if the gell battery does the
same thing or not.  RC

 --- Daniel M Wing <imp1983@xxxxxxxx> wrote: > This is
TRUE!