67 vs. 68 antenna

As Dimitrios noted, the radios are not entirely the same, but I think Dick
meant as far as their antenna connections go they are.

The multiplex and tape-player versions were officially only in MY68,
introduced into production as a running change during MY67. I'm not sure if
any of the monaural '67 offerings went away when the multiplex radios came
along.

My antenna, for Mark's sake, as I recall, extends in the expected order: top
(skinny) section emerges first, followed by middle section, followed by
lower (thickest) segment. But when retracting, I seem to recall that the
middle section disappears first, then the thick segment, then the skinny top
part. I'm sure this makes sense for some mechanical reason (like pushing on
a string).

And sometimes mine gets stuck as well, click-click-clicking when the motor
tries to pull or push against it (this is more common upon retraction, and
usually in the last few inches). Usually a few reverses of the direction of
motion (sometimes without actually making the mast move, sometimes extending
and retracting it a full segment) lets me retract it. And it always moves
better when the car's been in the sun, suggesting whatever lubricant is in
there is pretty well-seasoned.

Oddly, my NYB antenna was wired backwards at birth (it's not the switch,
since its connector is polarized). Pushing the button upward lowers the
antenna, and vice-versa. Ah, the 70s...

Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon