From: "Rog & Jan van Hoy" <vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 12:55 PM
Subject: IML: Gasoline

The gasoline we bought in the good ol' days with "100+ octane" was rated by
different methods, Research Octane Number [RON] or Motor Octane Number
[MON].  Gasoline is now rated by averaging these two ratings [R+M/2].

There are several good gasoline articles on the web for those less
technologically challenged than I, such as
www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/gasoline-faq/part1/

--Roger van Hoy, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '42 DeSoto, '66 Plymouth, '81
Imperial, Washougal, WA