----- Original Message -----
From: <Oneof514@xxxxxxx>

I am having trouble with the ammeter gauge on my 66 Imperial.  The plastic
gauge housing is melting!
The meter leads and the wire leads are corrosion free and the connections
nice and tight.
My alternator is a later model replacement that has a higher output than the
original 1966 model.  Is this the cause of my trouble?