Digital Cluster

Thanks. Not quite done yet. Got to hunt down and kill
that buzzer so I can put back fuse #8 and get back my
message center (which I never use anyway... just an
other electric imperial-like optional toy:)

Having now tested the car in night and day, here are
my thoughts: Unit works and looks great. The unit is
backlight during the day using large pilot lights.
Daylight use works fine.

At night, with headlights on, the pilot lights turn
off and 4 small (almost x-mas tree light sized) bulbs
up in the top of the unit turn on and reflect on the
top of the gauges. This does almost nothing to light
up the guages at night. The shifter selector slide
rule is not lit at all at night. This means it's all
very dark and hard to read at night. Anyone else have
this problem or do I have something wired wrong?!?

Next weekend I plan on removing the cluster and adding
a second set of backlight lights so I can see better
at night- also plan on lighting up the gear selector
slide rule. Plan on using white x-mas lights in series
with resistors to do the trick... wire it in so the
headlight switch turns them on and controls their
brightness....

After this, I hope to tackle the auto dimm mirror and
the EVIC system... and then I'd have a Dynasty with a
full Imperial digital dash system:)