Please Welcome a New Member Creesto (1966)

Please Welcome a New Member Creesto (1966)

New Subscriber(s): Creesto
Email Address is: creesto@xxxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Columbus, OH

Car(s) owned: 1966 Imperial Crown Coupe (Black with gold leather)

Self-Introduction: This is my first Imp! It has less than 20k original
miles, and I'm the 4th owner. The first owner bought a new Imp every two
years. He had this one for 1 1/2 yrs and then died. His widow held onto it
but almost never drove it. Then she gave it to her son (in-law?) who putzed
around with it for about 1k miles and then sold it earlier this year to Ed
Zakrzewski in Shamokin PA who sold it to me in April, '03. I'm beginning the
process of reversing what looks to be horrific sun aging: the interior is
totally sun-baked. There are some expected issues of leaking with the power
steering, the AC and others. The exterior looks to have been repainted black
a few years ago (nice job: no overspray!) and most of the brightwork is very
nice. I'm looking to restore with stock parts and perhaps even add a few
more options to the package, suitable for its model year. This site has been
a TERRIFIC resource for me! Thanks!